Patents Print this page
Patent rights have fueled the growth of many of the world’s most dynamic corporations. Staas & Halsey LLP has served many of these companies and is a leader in the complex arena of patent and intellectual property protection.
Each Staas & Halsey Washington patent attorney guides clients through the patenting process, from the initial conception of an invention and the assessment of patentability to securing effective patents. Our attorneys have vast resources and broad experience in securing protection for all aspects of our clients’ patent rights through:
- Patentability, Product Clearance, and Patent Validity Searches
- Patentability Opinions
- Product Clearance Opinions
- Patent Infringement Opinions
- Patent Validity Opinions
- Design Around Opinions
- Patent Licenses and Licensing Opinions
- Merger & Acquisition Patent Portfolio Opinions
- Procurement of U.S. Utility Patents for Computer Hardware and Software, Business Methods, Apparatus, Systems, and Manufacturing Methods in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Procurement of U.S. Design Patents for Product Shapes, Designs, and Icons, in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Patent Proceedings Before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office including Inter Partes Review (IPR), Post Grant Review (PGR), Protests, Reexaminations, Reissues and Petitions
- Prosecution and Defense of Claims of Patent Infringement in the U.S. District Courts, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and Arbitration Hearings
- Appeals Before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) and the International Trade Commission (ITC).